Wednesday, November 4, 2009

4 months old!

  Well, our little Jackson is 4 months old today! I can't believe how fast it has gone by. We all know that same old cliche' "Tresure every moment, because it goes by so fast." But, not until you are actually a parent, do you understand just how true that "old cliche'" is. I had the chance to hold a 3 day old baby boy today. And for a brief moment, I became sad. Sad that my little, tiny, newborn baby was no longer a little, tiny, newborn baby. As I looked at that sweet, scrunchy face, I remembered how sweet and delicate my little Jackson was. He was a tiny little Angel, with the prettiest skin and a head full of dark hair. But, as I think of that sweet little 4 month old that is waiting on me at home, I am reminded of what a blessing it is for him to grow older. He becomes more aware of his surroundings (and his mommy) every day. With each new day comes another new adventure, a new milestone met and another giggly smile. Although I will always miss that tiny newborn, and those first several weeks of his life will remain some of the sweetest days of mine, I couldn't love my HAPPY 4 month old more. He is my sunshine and I look forward to every new day and every new adventure with him. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us! The picture above was taken today as he played and "talked" in his favorite new toy, his Einstein saucer. His feet finally touch the bottom and all he wants to do is stand in that thing all day! :) HAPPY 4 MONTH BIRTHDAY, BOOPERS! We love you so very much! -Mama & Daddy
Posted by Picasa

No comments: