Well, Springtime is officially here! And that has meant lots of Springy FUN going on around the McCullough Household. Here are a few of the fun things that we have been up to....
Getting to stay up a LITTLE later on the weekends with Mommy & Daddy, because we play outside until nearly dark.
Getting to watch our new favorite: "Thomas & Friends" on Saturday mornings while eating breakfast. :)
LOTS of St. Patrick's Day fun! Like, getting to ride in our very own "Golf Cart Parade" around the Island, with the rest of our neighbors!
During all of these pictures, I had my camera in some crazy mode (unknowingly) so I apologize for the fuzzy looking graininess. (Not sure if that's a word?) As you read on, you'll see that I have had no luck with cameras lately! Anywho, looking at these pictures, who would think that we nearly had an emergency room visit with little Jackson just a few hours later due to a crazy rash and fever of 104.7? All turned out to be fine, just a childhood virus of some type. But, it sure did scare this Momma!
And, taking in another parade the next weekend with great friends of ours, Lindsay & Garrett and their precious little girl, Emily (who stole lots of kisses from Jackson!) :)
Watching the parade with Daddy. It was way past nap time and we had to give in and let J have his "Pap" (Paci). These pictures would've been much cuter without it. Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do. ;)
How CUTE are they??!
Jackson's first trip to the Zoo! This past weekend we went down to Folkston to visit Adam's family. On Saturday morning, Adam, Nay-Nay and myself loaded Jackson up to head down to Jacksonville, FL for a day at the Jacksonville Zoo. It's only about a 40 minute drive, so not a bad trip at all. Sadly, Grandaddy could not join us. He was called into work, due to the fact that most of South GA seems to be on fire right now. We were actually afraid that Adam may be called back to Savannah, as well, and we would have to head home. But, thankfully he wasn't. So, a day at the Zoo it was for us! :) Jackson absolutely LOVED it! As we were showing him all of the animals, he would say "Oh WOW!" and wave his hand at them. At one point he was doing a very excited "Oh WOW" to the animals, when he glanced up in the sky and spotted some Buzzards flying overhead and let out an even bigger "OH WOW!" Not quite part of the Zoo there, Buddy. But hey, if you want to get excited about Buzzards, then get excited about Buzzards! He also proceeded to "Meow" at the Rino's and "Quack" at the sea turtles. :) Sweet, SILLY boy! It was quite possibly the cutest & funniest thing that I have ever seen! Here are a few pictures, but unfortunately this Mommy did not come well prepared. I had all intentions to be well prepared. I plugged in my phone, camera and video camera on Friday night to ensure that they were fully charged for our trip to the Zoo. Needless to say, a fully charged camera battery will do you no good if you leave it at home. Thankfully, my video camera has a Still Camera mode, so I was able to take pictures that way. It is not the quality of my digital camera, but it's better than nothing, right?
In case you haven't noticed, I dressed Jackson totally in theme. I mean, he had this precious outfit in his closet (thanks Mimi!), how could I NOT?! ;)
Here is our one and only attempt at a Family photo. It didn't go over so well. ;)
I think THIS happened before we even pulled out of the parking lot...
Although we didn't get to see the entire Zoo (we were there for nearly 3 hours and only made it to half), we did get to see all of the animals on Jackson's outfit, feed the Giraffe's, ride the train and visit the gift shop for a cute keepsake "J-Ville Zoo" T-shirt! Hey, with a 20 month old, this Momma calls that SUCCESS! ;) Another trip to the Zoo is definitely in our future! I'm thinking sometime in the Fall when the weather has cooled off a bit...I can't wait!! :)
Later that evening, after we returned from the Zoo and ALL took a much needed nap, we had a birthday dinner to celebrate Adam's grandpa, L.J.'s, 75th birthday! As always, it made for great family time and even better food. And, Jackson got to meet sweet baby cousin Georgia Grace for the first time!
"Big Mema" and "Big Papa" with both of their Great-Grandchildren. They will soon add another in July! Baby Zeke will be here before we know it! :)
Before heading home on Sunday, Jackson got to do one of his favorite things in the world....drive the "BRRMMM!" Otherwise known as a Tractor. ;)
Which turned into a full-out Photo Shoot... :)
And, since Mommy is on Spring Break this week, we have had lots of these fun type of mornings!
But, more on that later. Now it's time for this Momma to take advantage of this perfect rainy day and napping baby. I see a good book, or possibly a Lifetime Movie in my near future. :)
3 comments:
Love it! Love the pics. Some things I especially love about this post: j is dressed in theme @ the zoo, j is playing with trains while watching thomas (again...very thematic), j looks like a natural up on that tractor and finally, I love that he still wears a sleep sack. A boy after sk's own heart. Even though he appears to already have captured a cute girl's heart....liked those pics too=) Happy spring to the McCulloughs=)
oh, & don't worry about the paci...one day when he's old enough you can make him give it up which may upset him for a day or two and then it will be all over! I on the other hand, can not throw away my child's thumb.
Katie, you always make me smile. :) The themed outfit to the Zoo was a MUST. Whenever J watches Thomas, he must have at least 2 Thomas toys on hand. Period. Yes, I'm sure that he will be a natural at driving a tractor along with all other heavy equipment/country/outdoorsy type stuff. Just look at his Daddy! ;) The Sleep Sack is a FAVORITE around here! Best invention ever! Not only did it help with my irrational fear of SIDS when he was younger, but he can never kick it off and I always know that his little tootsies are warm. I special ordered the last few online in a size XL. Did you know that they make them up to like 5T? Yes, I'll probably be ordering them that long...HA! Lastly, so true about the Paci. It could be worse. Although, I must say that I have never noticed sweet, pretty little SK with her thumb in her mouth? She must take it out for the camera. ;) Happy Spring to the Lucy's, as well!
I CAN'T wait to see yall!!! He is precious. If Fletcher finds a paci laying around, he slowing puts it in his mouth and looks at me waiting for me to take it out:) He LOVES it and I will admit it makes life really nice at times.
Post a Comment