Aren't long weekends the best?! I love that feeling on a Sunday night, when for a brief moment you have the dreaded thought of waking up before sunrise and returning to work Monday morning only to realize.... YOU'RE OFF THIS MONDAY! Well I was lucky enough to have one of those moments this weekend. Not only did I get Monday off, but I had Friday off too (thank you Furlough Days!) So, it was a 4 day weekend for the McCullough family! That's right, Adam got to stay home with us too! This past Friday happened to fall on his Friday off (he's off every-other Friday) and thanks to working for the Federal Government, he was off on Monday too (thank you President's Day!) The weather was BEAUTIFUL in southeast Georgia this weekend and we decided to make the most of it! It was one of those weekends that you never want to end, but when it does, it sends you to work with a big smile on your face. :) Here are a few pictures of our weekend happenings....
On Friday Jackson & I met up with my friend, Jennifer, and her son Matthew for a playdate. We went to a great place not far from our house called "Rainbow Play". It is full of fun bouncy houses (even the parents get to play, and who doesn't love a bouncy house?!) Outside, they have a large play area with different sets of playground equipment and jungle gyms. Jackson and Matthew had a BLAST! They played there little hearts out. And, my brave boy LOVED the very LARGE slide! It was his favorite part! Aside from the fact that his Mommy sent him down all by himself and he did bouncing tumbles the entire way down (Mommy will NOT be doing that again!) We followed up our playdate with a lunch at Plums and a long nap...it was a perfect day! :)
On Saturday, we left our little guy with his Mimi & Papa (which is always a good time) and Adam & I traveled to his cousin's house to see their brand new BABY GIRL! Here is a picture of beautiful baby Georgia Grace and her sweet Mommy, Brooke. :)
On Sunday Funday, Jackson played hard in the nursery at church (even with a pink & purple kitchen set.) What can I say, he doesn't discriminate? ;)
And all of that playing lead to this...
But, once he woke up and realized we were home, he was grabbing his ball and ready to play outside with Walker. Until Mommy made him come in and change out of his fancy Sunday threads...which led to a mini-meltdown. ;)
On Monday the silly boy woke up from his nap playing "hide-n-seek" with me. He has recently begun "hiding" behind things and wanting you to say "Jaaaackson? Where arrre yooou?" Which leads to him jumping up and saying "HEEYY!"
We then went over to my grandparents house for a visit. Jackson and my Mema took some old, moldy bread out to the pond to feed the fish. He thought that was LOTS of fun! And, once again when it was time to leave, we had a mini-meltdown. ;)
Overall it was a PERFECT weekend! And, did I mention that it gave me MAJOR SUMMER FEVER?! Only 11 more weeks and I'm out for Summer Break! Oh how I LOVE working in the school system! :)
3 comments:
Love your blog! I know several people who do them and I always enjoy reading them. Maybe we need one too! :) Love the new pictures!
Haha! I didn't realize what my "google id" was! The comment was posted by Jenn! :)
Jenn, I know who "Numkins" is. I totally knew it was you! :) And, YES you do need a blog! I enjoy it so much!
Post a Comment