Sunday, August 12, 2012

Let's Catch up, Part 2...

Well, I have caught up on the first half of our year since last Summer. Now, it's time for the 2nd half. I am hoping to breeze through this so that I can get to our present day...we'll see how well that goes. ;) ~Winter Fun 2012~
This is the first time that you tried out your Froggy potty and you were so excited! :) It wasn't until about 4 months later that you became fully potty trained, but at least Mr. Froggy encouraged you to get use to the idea of putting it somewhere other than your diaper!
Having fun with Dadddy & Grandaddy at one of our favorite spots to eat...Fishtales. :)
Playing ball in NayNay & Grandaddy's Greens Patch!
Visiting Daddy's work and loving every second! :)
With Daddy and his Dozer!
At the Japanese Steakhouse for Mimi's birthday...
Three of your most favortie people...Mimi, Papa and cousin Matt-Matt!
Enjoying your beloved yogurt pops. You often ask "Mommy, you make me a cake pop, pwease?" You're a little obsessed with Starbuck's cake pops and I guess it's all the same to you? ;)
In February we took our very first family trip to DISNEY WORLD! NayNay & Grandaddy came with us and we had an AWESOME time! NayNay & I had a short break from work, so we decided that it would be a GREAT time for your first trip to Disney! The weather wasn't too hot and your admission to the Park was free up until your 3rd birthday. I'm so thankful that we decided to give it a shot! I was a little worried that you still may be too young. I wasn't sure how you would feel about the rides or if the characters would freak you out. But, you proved me wrong and made me one proud Mommy! :) I'd hoped that it would be a wonderful time, but it surpassed all of my expectations! We absolutely had a blast and you LOVED every second of it! We decided that since this was your first trip to Disney and you weren't quite 3 years old, it would be best if we kept it small. So, we decided to just vivsit the Magic Kingdom. When we arrived in Orlando, we got settled into our hotel (the Gaylord Palms, which was A-MAZING) and headed to Downtown Disney for the evening. You loved visiting the T-Rex Cafe and Lego store! Then, we woke up bright & early the next morning and headed to the Magic Kingdom! You were SO excited and shrilled with excitement when we first spotted the Castle on the monorail, during the ride over. You also were beside yourself to ride the monorail or as you called it, "The Bullet Train". :) Once inside the Magic Kingdom, we headed straight for the Buzz Lightyear ride and after that, you were HOOKED! We rode every ride there (that you were tall enough to ride) and you loved them all! Not once did you fuss or complain! We went hard until lunch time, had lunch at the park, headed back to the hotel for nap, and then headed back to Magic Kingdom to hit up the other half of the park that we'd left unturned! We ended up staying until after 11:00 p.m. for the firework show and you were such a TROOPER! We made it back to the hotel around midnight and crashed! You had a death grip on your new Mickey & Donald and still sleep with them to this day. :) You continue to ask when we are going back to "The Castle" and SQUEAL with excitement every time that you see a Disney World commercial! Daddy & I had so much fun that we are hoping to take you back sometime this Fall, so hopefully I will have another Disney post to put up soon! But, until then, here are a few pictures from your VERY FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD! :)
Digging for fossils at the T-Rex Cafe!
Up early and ready to head the The Magic Kingdom! :)
The sign says it all... :)
As we came off of the Buzz Lightyear ride (I can't remember the "real" name of it), Buzz was standing outside, taking pictures and signing autographs! You were SO excited to see him, but got a little shy once it was our turn. I mean, it has to be pretty intimidating to be meeting one of your all-time favorite heros live and in person?! Buzz stamped your autograph book and by the time we left, you gave him a high five. :)
Riding Prince Charming's Carousel...
Taking the Fairy back to the parking lot after a LONG, but FUN filled day!
Sweet boy, worn out after a Magical Day :)
Headed home the next morning...with all of your loot! I tried to get you to buy the big Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, to sit on your bed. But, you INSISTED on the little ones! I guess they just felt better in your little hands. I thought it was kind of sweet! Just the other morning, on the way to Mrs. Ruby's house, you said: "Mommy, when we go back to Castle, I want to get a Goofy. And a Minnie Mouse. I need a Goofy and Minnie for my Duck and Mickey." So, I guess I know what we'll be bringing home from our next trip. ;)
I am going to leave off here and call it a night! We have SO enjoyed our weekend, but it's back to the grind tomorrow and this girls gotta hit the sack! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments: