Thursday, December 5, 2013

FOUR.

**Note- I started this post back in August and am just getting around to finishing it!  Slacker, I know.**

Well, it's official....we have a 4 year old around this house.  On July 4th you, our sweet Jackson, turned 4 years old!  For some reason, that just sounds way too old to your Momma.  When you turned 3, I didn't feel so bad....3 still sounded like a baby, like a toddler.  So, I stayed in denial for a year and still considered you a "baby". ;-)  But, at 4 years old, I can't do that anymore.  You are a true little boy!  I mean, you will be starting school in 4 days for heaven's sake!  For your birthday we had several family celebrations, ate several different types of cupcakes and went to two different firework shows.  But, on July 14th we had your big birthday party!  You chose a "Pirate" theme this year and I was so glad that you did!  It was so FUN to decorate for and you really enjoyed it!!  We rented out our local recreation department's pool and pavillion building and had a big, Pirate Paaarrrty, birthday bash!  It was tons of fun and afterwards, you continuously told me how much you enjoyed it.  That's all I need to hear and makes the late nights of my *a little overboard* decoration making efforts ALL worth it! ;)  Here are a few pictures from your big day... :-)

































So, you are the big 4 and here are your stats.  According to your Pediatrician, you're not only the big 4, but you are apparently a big 4 year old.  At your 4 year well-check you were 42 pounds and 42.5 inches tall.  This means that you weigh more than 8 out of 10 children your age, and are taller than 9 out of 10.  He said that you are growing beautifully and are one healthy boy, which is really all that I care to hear!  It is pretty amusing to your 5'1" Momma that you are a tall boy!  You definitely get that from your Daddy's side! ;-)  You also passed you ear & eye exam and were SUCH a big boy while getting your shots!  I'd already prepared you that you would be getting shots this visit, and told you that you had to get them in order to go to school.  I think this was the big factor in your being such a big boy, because you are SO excited to start school!  You barely whimpered when they gave you the shots.  You didn't cry any tears, just grimaced your face and said "Wow. That really hurt!"  You made your Momma very proud, my big boy!

***For any Mama's out there that love to throw kids birthday parties with homemade decorations as much as I do, I found many of these printables on Pinterest for absolutely FREE!  The cupcake wrappers, toppers, pirate hats, and banner were all free printables that I found online!  The Pirate theme was the best that I've done yet (as far as finding printables and cute ideas to go with the it) so if you have a little boy and haven't done this one yet, I'd go for it! :-)***

Now, onto other "4" news.  We not only have a little boy turning 4 around here, but we have something else turning 4.....a BIG something else....

 WE ARE OFFICIALLY BECOMING A FAMILY OF 4!! 



                          And it is another precious little BOY!

His name will be Jude Adam McCullough and he will be making his arrival sometime in Mid to late March!  My actual due date is March 31st, but due to the fact that Jackson came a couple of weeks early, we expect that Jude will more than likely do the same.  I am now 24 weeks and feeling very pregnant!  I will do a later post about the pregnancy, but for now I will say that we are all THRILLED and can't wait for this precious boy to join our family!  Jackson is beside himself with excitement and Adam & I feel so blessed that God has given us another healthy baby, and chosen us to be parents to another precious son!

I will leave you with a couple of "baby" centered pictures.  We went for our 16 week ultrasound to find out the gender of the baby on October 15th.  Jackson came along and was such a good and excited big brother!  He loved seeing the baby in Mommy's belly!  After we found out that we had a Baby Jude on the way, we swung by "Two Smart Cookies" to pick up something blue and headed to meet my parents for lunch, to share the big news. :-)

Here they are opening their "surprise" box to find out if we would be welcoming another little boy or a little girl!  Jackson did such a great job at keeping the secret until it was time to open the box!

Mimi & Papa are proud to be welcoming their fifth Grandson!  I am sure that Jude will love them just as much as Jackson does!

Now, it's time for me to curl up on the couch and watch Grey's Anatomy with the husband.  Hopefully I will get to post about our Fall fun soon, so that I can get to all of the Christmas fun that we're having around here!  Happy Friday Eve!





No comments: