Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summer Fun, 2013!

Well, it's that time again.  Our Summer is winding down and in 6 short days, I will return to work to start a new school year.  I always have mixed emotions at this time of year.  Part of me is sad to give up my days of playing a stay-at-home-mom with Jackson, but another part of me is excited to get back into our routine and start a new, exciting school year!  This year is extra special and gives me even more mixed emotions, because our sweet Jackson is starting Pre-K!  The Pre-K that he will be attending is part of our local public school system and is full day, five days a week, just like elementary school.  It is essentially like starting Kindergarten.  So, starting this is a big deal!  He's going to be starting REAL school in just 8 days!  I can't believe that I'm even saying that!  Where does the time go?!  I swear after you have children, it goes by much faster!  I am very excited about this new chapter in our lives, mostly because I know how much he is going to LOVE it.  But, I also tear up almost every.single.time that I think about it.  I have got to get it together before we take him to his Open House on Monday!  Every time that I think of introducing him to his teacher, showing him his little chair with his name on it, and his cubby....I get all choked up.  For those of you that don't know, I worked at this school for about 5 years.  When I was pregnant with Jackson, I was a long-term sub in a Special Education classroom and the following year, I was hired full-time and worked there as an Assistant Teacher (Paraprofessional) for the next 4 school years.  So, I know how AWESOME this school is and I happen to know the entire staff personally.  That makes me feel great about my big boy being there!  I know that he will be well looked after and most of all....well loved. :)  Not to mention that my Momma, and Jackson's beloved Mimi, works there....so he has nothing to worry about!  He can do no wrong in Mimi's eyes!  We just found out yesterday that Jackson's teacher will be Mrs. Ellison and I am BEYOND THRILLED!!!  She was one of my top choices and I am so happy that he will be in her class!  I already have him practicing her name! :)

Anywho, back to our Summer.  We have had a fun, very busy summer!  We started with  a week of swim lessons, attended a week of Vacation Bible School, went on a trip to Panama City Beach to visit with our besties- The Morris Family, married off another one of my besties, celebrated our big boy turning FOUR, and took a week long trip with Adam's parents to Amelia Island, FL!  Now, we are just trying to wind it down, get back to our schedule and do all of our last minute back to school shopping....for both Jackson and myself!  Here is our Summer 2013 in pictures......a lot of pictures!  :)  Enjoy!
On June 1st, we hosted a BBQ Couples Shower for one of my best friends, Kathryn, and her Fiance' Billy Joe.  Here she is with all of the Hostesses.  It turned out great!

We started swim lessons our first "official" week of Summer Break.  Jackson loved taking the lessons with one of his best buddies, Matthew!  His Momma is one of my dearest, lifelong friends and I love that these two are going to grow up together and make great memories....just like their Momma's! :)






Jackson & Fletcher, Panama City Beach 2013.  Our annual get together with our favorites...The Morris Family!  How cute are these boys?!

The whole gang!  Danny, Paige, Fletcher and Finn, and Paige's Daddy- "Pop Joe".  All some of our most favorite people!

Jackson riding the airplanes with Pop Joe!  He sure loves him some Pop Joe. :)

We love this family very much!


Sweet boys, sharing snacks on the beach!

Daddy is the most fun at the beach!

Sweet baby Finn :)






Beautiful boys!
Adam & Jackson having fun on the boogie board :)

How gorgeous is this water?!?


The Daddies with their boys :)

My little rascal :)




Pizza and movie time!

I love this girl!  It's always so hard to say goodbye....least favorite part of the trip! 

Getting ready for Kat's big day!

Isn't she GORGEOUS?!?!



Kathryn & her Daddy :)

Best friends since 7th grade! :)

With her beautiful Momma! :)


 On July 3rd, we had a little birthday celebration at Jackson's great grandparents house, Mema & Benpa McCullough :)






 Playing with his new water gun from Grandaddy
One day shy of 4 years old :)


On Jackson's actual birthday, also known as America's birthday, we spent the day at a friend's pool, had grilled hotdogs & cupcakes, and then headed to watch some fireworks.  It was a fun day to celebrate our favorite 4 year old...and our favorite country! :)




Our adorable, witty, stubborn, energetic, strong-willed, loving, animated, dramatic, fun, spicy, snuggly 4 YEAR OLD!










We spent July 4th down in Folkston this year, so when we returned, Jackson had a small birthday celebration at my parents house, Mimi & Papa!  There was a lot of celebrating going on that week....and a lot of cupcake eating!







 Just a couple of weeks ago, we had a fun, very rainy saturday.  First, we insisted on riding our tractor in the rain....while wearing our UGA helmet.




 Then, continued to play in the POURING RAIN....


 Got soaking wet and FILTHY, so......

 Daddy had to spray us off, before coming in the house! :)



 Then, we watched Daddy cut down several trees at Mimi & Papa's house...


 These pictures make me swoon.  Super hot. ;)

 Then, helped Daddy wash Papa's truck!

It was a fun, boy, type of day! 


Well, that is pretty much our Summer in pictures.  I still have a couple of special posts, like Jackson's birthday party and our trip to Amelia Island.  But, I'll have to save those for later.  I'm trying to get a little more reading (for school) done before someone wakes up from nap.  Not to mention, I'd like to have all of my homework finished before tonight....it's my "Dance Moms" and "Pretty Wicked Moms" night.  Jackson is going to have to go to bed on time tonight! ;)  Happy Tuesday!





















No comments: